Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Epic Life Lessons Learned From Books Post One

If anyone follows me on Twitter they may or may not have noticed that I occasionally tweet something with the hashtag #LifeLessonsLearnedFromBooks.

This occurred to me randomly one day while I was reading Tamora Pierce's 'Mastiff' and I just sort of started keeping up with it. I don't do all of the potential life lessons from every book because I'm usually caught up in reading and not hunting for them. Usually I just post them when they strike me. This is why there are so many from books I've already read before.

I'll do more posts as I collect them further. Feel free to suggest some. The only rule is that they must be direct quotes. Some of mine are excerpts from full quotes mostly because they needed to be shortened for Twitter. It would be far too easy to take general lessons from things that happen in books.

Life Lessons Learned From Books:

- "I make it a rule never to eat things that glow." -Beka Cooper, Mastiff (Tamora Pierce)
-----
- "Never listen to what my enemies say. They're very confused people." -Farmer, Mastiff (Tamora Pierce)
-----
- "Reality [is] a fragile thing." -Dustfinger, Inkspell (Cornelia Funke)
-----
- "The handsome young fellow who's trying to rescue you from a hideous fate is never wrong." -Will Herondale, Clockwork Angel (Cassandra Clare)
-----
- "It's bad form to bite." -Will Herondale, Clockwork Angel (Cassandra Clare)
-----
- "Beauty fades, but cooking is eternal." -Will Herondale, Clockwork Angel (Cassandra Clare)
-----
- "One must always be careful of books...and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us."-Tessa Gray, Clockwork Angel (Cassandra Clare)
-----
- "Inanimate objects are harmless indeed...But one cannot always say the same of the men who use them."-Henry Branwell, Clockwork Angel (Cassandra Clare)
-----
- "Never trust a duck." -Will Herondale, Clockwork Angel (Cassandra Clare)
-----
- "Megalomania is an interesting character trait."-Dustfinger, Inkspell (Cornelia Funke)
-----
- "Whatever you are physically...male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy--all those things matter less than what your heart contains." -James Carstairs, Clockwork Angel (Cassandra Clare)
-----
- "Frosting. The final defense of the dying."-Peeta Mellark, The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins)
-----
- "All good things pass away." -Lord Asriel, The Golden Compass (Philip Pullman)
-----
- "They rationalized their fears away. People shouldn't do that." -Cas Lowood, Anna Dressed In Blood (Kendare Blake)

And there you have it. They're taken right from my tweets so the quotes I had to shorten remained that way. Maybe I'll post the complete lessons of those one day.

-A.M.Y-A

No comments:

Post a Comment