Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Epic Reading List 12/6/11 Edition

I have this thing where I get really excited about books and I buy them. Seems logical right?

Eh, not so much. There are books I buy an immediately read (Clockwork Prince...OH DEAR GODS but we'll get there later (as in another post)) and then others that I get excited about then distracted. It's not the book's fault, at all, I just go through periods where I do more writing or editing or stick figuring than reading and it'll take me a little while to read a book. By the time I finish whatever I am reading there are 60 other new books I have acquired and want to read.

Then there are the books I reread...oh dear...

It's unfortunate really.

So, today I decided that I would make a list and this list would make it up on this blog. Not that there are really people who read this to make sure I stick to this list but it feels official this way or something.

So here we are. My list of the next 16 books I plan to read (why not 16?). It's a mix of random books I bought and haven't read and rereading the works of the lovely Tamora Pierce, something I have been tempted to do since I read 'Mastiff.'

1. 'The Hunger Games' -Suzanne Collins (I know I haven't read it yet and it's a Y-A life fail. I'm fixing it)
2. 'Alanna the First Adventure' -Tamora Pierce
3. 'Anna Dressed in Blood' -Kendare Blake
4. 'In the Hand of the Goddess' -Tamora Pierce
5. 'Graceling' -Kristin Cashore
6. 'The Woman Who Rides Like a Man' -Tamora Pierce
7. 'The Name of the Star' -Maureen Johnson
8. 'Lioness Rampant' -Tamora Pierce
9. 'Tale of Two Cities' -Charles Dickens
10. 'Wild Magic' -Tamora Pierce
11. 'Catching Fire' -Suzanne Collins
12. 'Wolf Speaker' -Tamora Pierce
13. 'Matched' -Ally Condie
14. 'Emperor Mage' -Tamora Pierce
15. 'Divergent' -Veronica Roth
16. 'The Realm of the Gods' -Tamora Pierce


And there we have it. The next 16 books I plan on reading. In order, did I mention that part. I need to read them int his order for no particular reason other than an exercise in self discipline.

If you do stumble upon this feel free to harass me for list updates or via Twitter (AMCatastrophe)

-A.M.Y-A

No comments:

Post a Comment