Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Epic No Kiss Blogfest and 'Mars' Manga Review Thing

First, I only just heard about it but tomorrow I will definitely be taking place in the 3rd Annual No Kiss Blog Fest, hosted over at: http://frankiediane.blogspot.com/2011/12/3rd-annual-no-kiss-blogfest.html
This is way short notice seeing as how it is tomorrow but I loved the idea too much not to take part. So come back tomorrow and check out my 'No Kiss' post and check out the page tomorrow to see the list of participants and check out their own posts.

Now, I know know I should totally be reading Graceling and that is actually my plan for the rest of the night but lately I've been rereading the beyond epic manga Mars by Fuyumi Soryo. It is perhaps one of the most beautiful and cinematic manga series that I have ever read. It's been years since I've read it and I am awed anew.

The panels are arranged and set up with utmost care and consideration for visual impact. The characters are believable and very easy to feel for. I absolutely adore the relationship between Rei and Kira. It's a beautiful addicting series. When I started I had intended to read one book a day (the series spans 15) and I've been reading for three days and will be starting 12 next and that has been a struggle, make no mistake.

It is a lovely example of a character's past coming back to hit in them and those they care for in face. It's a truly beautiful piece of literature. Unfortunately it is out of print but I highly recommend checking the library or used book store if you like manga or are willing to give a beautifully crafted story a chance.

Still reading Graceling. I'll have my No Kiss post up tomorrow and perhaps my Best of 2011 and Most Anticipated of 2012 if I can get my act together.

-A.M.Y-A

No comments:

Post a Comment