Monday, April 23, 2012

Music Monday: "Munich" by The Fray


*Note: If there is already a blog doing this, please let me know. I would be glad to give them credit. I just thought it was a fun idea.

This is the first of what I'm hoping is going to be a set of weekly posts.

Music Monday

It's really no shock to anyone that music is an important part of writing to many authors. Many post playlists for their novels and, as a reader, I enjoy listening to them and trying to figure out how the songs fit. It can be tone or lyrics.

But sometimes a random song strikes me as something that relates to a book. There could be just one lyric that fits with a story or character relationship. But somehow the song always reminds me of the story. So that's what these posts are going to be about.

Music Monday -  April 23rd: "Munich" by The Fray




 

Perhaps it is because this album came out right as I was resettling myself into Hunger Games fever but one day I was stirring caramel and I caught a lyric that struck me as so Katniss and Peeta is was almost startling. 

"Back to back, hand to hand, face to face again. Lovers and enemies, then we're back to friends."

Aside from the obvious imagery associated with Katniss and Peeta standing back to back and hand in hand in The Hunger Games before they eat the nightlock. It perfectly describes the kind of back and forth relationship they have, or at least Katniss' perception of their relationship.

So I restarted the song and listened to it again, looking to see if it was just that line. It wasn't.

"Step to the edge, you and I and we fall below. Take a breath hold my hand and now you're not alone."

This time around I thought of Catching Fire and the two of them struggling post arena and comforting one another on the train. They need each other to cope with what happened. Katniss needs him to remind her that she's not alone.

"Something left holding us pulls me closer in. Take a breath and the color will return again."

Peeta draws her in with his color and life. He reminds her that there is something other than destruction and war.

That's just a bit of why I love this song and how it reminds me of them every time I hear it.

Do you ducks hear songs that remind you of Katniss and Peeta? Other songs that remind you other books?

I confirmed the lyrics at AZ Lyrics.
I kidnapped the video from here.
Buy the song. Really buy it. As a matter of fact buy the whole album. You can't go wrong with The Fray.
I don't own any of it and meant no copyright infringement. I just like music and books, especially together.

That's all loves! Until later! I hope you like the first Music Monday!

-A.M.Y-A

No comments:

Post a Comment