Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Weigh in Wednesday 5/9



 Weigh in Wednesday is a new meme started over at Epilogue. It presents us with two options about which we, wait for it, weigh in.

This week: Contemporary vs. Fantasy

If you'd asked me this a few months ago I would have scoffed and told you Fantasy without hesitation. I still read far more Fantasy than I do Contemporary but I've lately discovered a love for contemporary. I think the issues that the two genres tend to cover are a little different. I'm not going to completely generalize but Fantasy books lean toward exploring what it means to be human, or have humanity. Contemporary books lean a little more toward exploring loss and relationships and how people relate to one another. They both explore what it means to love but they do it a little differently.
I do realize I'm talking around the point. I think I'm going to have to say Fantasy. There are contemporary books that I love but it's usually the Fantasy or "genre" I guess books that knock me off my feet. Those are the ones I lean toward loving a little more.

Which do you dears prefer?

-A.M.Y-A

2 comments:

  1. Way to hem-n-haw!! Lol You must've read some really good contemporary books lately!! I lean towards Fantasy too. I"m a happy new follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so sure I was going to say 'Fantasy' and then I started typing.
    And thank you!

    ReplyDelete