Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Weigh in Wednesday 6/6





Weigh in Wednesday is a new meme started over at Epilogue. It presents us with two options about which we, wait for it, weigh in.

This week: Graphic Novel vs. Traditional Novel

I'm going to have to go with traditional novel here. I do enjoy graphic novels, the Fables series in particular is such a fantastic example of story telling. I don't think traditional novels tell stories any better and I do think the addition of images in graphic novels can be delightful, although sometimes distracting. Sometimes the style of the art reflects the story being told (A Flight of Angels) and I think it's so cool that artists can do that.
And I do have a comic strip (my art isn't nearly so delightful) but I have always been a word girl. I love words and I love all you can do with them and how different they are to different people. There's something about graphic novels that makes me always aware that I'm reading a graphic novel while it's so easy for me to get lost in traditional novels.

So, traditional it is for me.

And you, ducks? Traditional or graphic?

-A.M.Y-A

1 comment:

  1. I personally don't read graphic novels for the exact reason you listed... I don't get lost in them. With traditional novels my imagination wanders and I can transport far, far away :)

    ReplyDelete