Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Weigh in Wednesday 7/25



Weigh in Wednesday is a meme started over at Epilogue. It presents us with two options about which we, wait for it, weigh in.

This Week: Light backgrounds vs. Dark backgrounds

I don't have much of an opinion on this. Either of them work, really. I big factor is of course, the font. I think super decorative fonts tend to look better on a light background. They're a bit easier to read.

I do think to have a light background on a post you have to have something going on in the background, a busier or brighter one. I have no issues with simple dark designs but if you're going for light you need to balance it out, otherwise the overwhelming whiteness is distracting.

I think a lot goes into something like this, as odd as that sounds. I think it has to balance.

So, I guess I'm not partial. A wishy-washy kind of girl, maybe?

What about you?

-A.M.Y-A

2 comments:

  1. I don't have much of an opinion on this either...but your background is super cute, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you! That's Stick Figure Amy. She gets into all sorts of shenanigans.

    ReplyDelete