Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Bit on the Beyond Epic Beyond Amazing The Raven Boys

This won't be a full reactionary review. I'll post that one around the release date. I'll do my whole back story with the book and then a few quick comments now.

In case the title didn't tip you off, I LOVED this book.

I refrained from doing any life lessons learned from books from this one but there were so many that I wanted to do.

I was lucky enough to get my hands on an ARC of The Raven Boys. I've admittedly had it for a while, eager to read but a little hesitant too. I love the anticipation towards the end of the wait. I love rushing out to buy a book when it comes out. I love marathon reading on release day. So, I was a little hesitant to be robbed of these things.

I actually feel all the better about it. I started The Raven Boys last night, finally feeling settled enough to be able to enjoy it. But the thing was that I told myself I was only allowed to read the first half before I had to stop and work on some editing.  It was a stipulations I was not pleased about later.

I will say this about The Raven Boys now.

It's a book to be savored not devoured. There's so much to it.

It's amazing. It could have been typical and overdone and cliche and it was none of those things. It has a little bit of everything in it with some of the best developed characters that I've seen in a while. I read it with no idea where it was going go.

My big downfall is now having to wait for the next book in the Raven Cycle. That and having to wait to gush over it until more people have read it.

Buy it when it comes out on September 18th. You won't regret it.

-A.M.Y-A

No comments:

Post a Comment