Monday, September 24, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Series Left Unfinished


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started over at The Broke and the Bookish where they give us a topic and we give out top ten.
This week it's ten series that we never finished.

1. The Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin
     I really want to finish this series. Admittedly, I've only read A Game of Thrones but I really liked it. My problem is that with so much going on in the series and with so many characters these books usually require extended reading time. More of them need to be read in one sitting. I haven't had the time to do so lately but I hope to soon.

2. The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa
     I read the first one and I thought the idea was so cool. The idea of the Iron court was too cool to ignore. Plus, a couple of foxy fairy guys is never a bad idea. I just haven't gotten to the rest of them yet, though they did make it to Boston with me.

3. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
     I put off reading Beautiful Chaos when I heard it was heartbreaking. I was sort of hoping to wait until Beautiful Redemption was out before I got caught up. I might cave soon though...

4. Heather Wells by Meg Cabot
     I was hoping to finish these before I moved to Boston. Things got crazy and it didn't happen. I brought them and I want to read them before too long.

5. Night Huntress by Jeaniene Frost
     I just couldn't get into this one. I tried. I really did. My mum really liked them so I gave them a shot. I pushed myself through the first one and said I'd give the second a shot. But my sister told me that if I didn't like the first I wouldn't like the rest.

6. Anita Blake Vampire Hunter by Laurell K. Hamilton
    This one started off so well. Anita was funny and witty and had morals and standards. Then Laurell K. Hamilton decided that Anita having sex with everyone...and I mean everyone, was more important than having an actual plot. It lost me at that point.

7. The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman
     I'm probably upsetting a large number of friends by saying this. I just couldn't keep up with it. I can't even remember how far I got into them. I think the problem was that I started reading this series at the same time as Fables and I liked Fables so much more that The Walking Dead just got overshadowed.

8. The Uglies by Scott Westerfeld.
     I adore the idea behind The Uglies. I read the first one and was sucked in but I started the second one right before I started school again and it was delayed and never picked back up. I bought them all but haven't finished them. They, also, are all in Boston with me.

9. The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith
     I found these books so hard to get through. They weren't bad, they just required some pushing and I couldn't do it when I tried. One day I'll finish them.

10. Wicked - Nancy Holder and Debbie Vigue
     I loved, loved, loved these books. I got them from the library and devoured them. But then so much time passed before the last one came out. Years. I want to reread them all before I read the last one and I haven't gotten to them yet.

I plan to finish most of these. Maybe my next reading list will have a couple of them on it...hmmm.

Which series did you ducks not finish? Any of these make the list? Any I should finish right now?

-A.M.Y-A

6 comments:

  1. I have just finished Beautiful Creatures and you have just filled me with fear for reading the rest of the series lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. I gave up on Anita Blake for the exact same reason. My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried so hard with A Song of Ice and Fire. But there's just SO MUCH happening and the writing is SO SLOW. I just can't do it. :P All the others ... I never read. Oh dear.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the series of Vampire Diaries first and I think because theyr'e so different I just couldn't get into the books. Great list though.
    Check out my list here

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love A Song of Ice and Fire series and I agree that they're a lot of work to get through, also I find it surprising that anyone can get through one of those books in one sitting. I loved the Uglies series so I'd say it's a series worth finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The iron fey is lovely! You should read them :D I'm a bit scared to start in A song of ice and fire, even when I know I will love them. The size :o

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete