Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books/Series I Want To Reread


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started over at The Broke and the Bookish where they give us a topic and we give out top ten.
This week it's a rewind and we get to pick an old topic.  I had a really hard time choosing but I eventually settled on ten books (series) I want to reread.

I chose this one because I always guilt myself out of reread because I have so many books (and series) I haven't read yet. But the reread list gets longer and longer.

1. Howl's Moving Castle - Dianna Wynne Jones
Let's see if I can fit this book onto any more lists. It's been on my to reread list for a while but I haven't yet been able to get to it. I love it so so much.

2. The Raven Boys - Maggie Stiefvater
I know, this one just came out but I want to reread it so bad! There is a definite part of me that wants to read it and reread over and over until the next one comes out.

3. Unspoken - Sarah Rees Brennan
I just want to curl back up and read it all over again!

4. Divergent - Veronica Roth
I've been dying to reread both of these back to back since Insurgent came out and have yet to do it!

5. Harry Potter - J.K. Rowling
This one is, admittedly, a bit two pronged. I reread these every year, but last year I put it off, hoping to read them along with Pottermore (and then this year I wanted to wait until after The Casual Vacancy to give myself some distance). So, I kind of want Pottermore to hurry itself up! Though, I'm almost finished with the first audiobook.

6. The Guardians of Time - Marianne Curley
I haven't read these since they came out and I love them! Or...at least I did.

7. Sorcery and Cecelia or the Enchanted Chocolate Pot - Patricia C. Wrede and Caroline Stevermer
The first of the Kate and Cece books. I've reread these several times and they never get old but the first is my favorite. Kate and I are so much alike!

8. Sweep by Cate Tiernan
It's been far too long since I read these!

9. Darkangel by Meredith Ann Pierce
I remember finding these a little slow and a little odd when I first read them in early high school but I loved them. It's been so long that I need to reread them since I don't remember them all that well.

10. The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
I have a lot of love for Arthurian myths. I've always had a soft spot for Morgana. It's been since my senior year of high school and I need to pick it back up.

There are ten of my rereads. They're definitely not the only ones.

I've been considering doing two top ten lists a week because I missed so many good ones. Maybe catch myself up...Hmmm.

Which list did you loves do? Have you read any of these? Are there any books you've been itching to reread?

-A.M.Y-A

4 comments:

  1. New follower! Great list! I have trouble re-reading lately. There are definitely some that I want to. I'd say Divergent for sure. Harry Potter I have on audiobook as well as paperback, so I can "re-read" that whenever.

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower via GFC. Great list. I'm currently reading The Raven Boys now and I have Divergent on my shelf. I've been working on reading some of the more popular series recently and I already want to reread a few. Some of them I got from the library and I'm sad I don't own them. lol. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me want to get my hands on The Raven Boys even more quickly now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got to read The Mists of Avalon. Morgana is such an interesting character in the original tale.

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-rewind-top-ten-bookish.html

    ReplyDelete