Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Moment of Honesty For Being Totally M.i.A.

I have been completely M.i.A. for almost a month and I feel really bad about it. I've let a lot of things slip a little this month. I'm still working on settling into the new job and I think I'm doing a good job but I'm not really sure. I've gotten SF Amy done weekly for the most part but the honest truth I haven't really been reading.

I don't like it.

November is also NaNoWriMo. This year I tried something a bit different and wrote a realistic fiction piece that's directed at an older audience (pretty much only be default since my protagonist is 24). It's based on my experiences working in a chocolate store. I did my 50,000 words and stopped. It was a chore to do everyday. I struggled to come up with words. This year was nothing like the delight that I took in writing my project last year. There's still time left in the month and I have no desire to continue working on it. Absolutely none. The idea behind the project still has potential, I think, but I don't think the time for it is now.

But my struggle with this project paired with the new job and my first Thanksgiving away from my family, and roommate issues has just left me worn out. I got up, went to work, wrote some words, and often fell asleep at my computer or on my bed surrounded by unfolded laundry and notebooks, and computer, and anything else I may have just arbitrarily tossed there. It's been rough.

I can't promise that I will be any better in the upcoming days. It doesn't look like I'll be able to go home for Christmas and I'm really not okay with that. I'll still be working both jobs and writing (just not that horrible project) but hopefully I'll be able to sort myself out a little bit better.

That being said, I'll leave you here to write the post for the newest book I've read. So it should be up something that borders on soon.

-A.M.Y-A

No comments:

Post a Comment