Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Authors I Would Kill to Chat With

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started over at The Broke and the Bookish where they give us a topic and we give out top ten.

This week we get to pick our own and I did: Ten Authors I Would Kill to Chat With (after I got over the shock)

1. Holly Black
I got to talk to her briefly when I saw her with Sarah Rees Brennan and Libba Bray and it was sort of awesome. By 'sort of' I mean was way beyond awesome. She's so nice and so willing to talk to people, especially about writing. I'd love to be able to actually sit down and talk to her. It would be amazing.

2. Tamora Pierce
I've never been lucky enough to meet Tamora Pierce. I really, sincerely hope it happens one day. She is the reason I started writing and it would mean the world to me to be able to talk with her a little bit.

3. Maggie Stiefvater
I have met her twice and been able to chat briefly with her. But especially after reading The Curiosities I'd love to talk to her more about writing. She has such a pragmatic approach to it that I find fascinating.

4. Erin Morgenstern
I absolutely adored The Night Circus, everything about the book was amazing. Reading it is such a sensory experience I would really like to talk to Erin Morgenstern about how she did it. How words come to her like that. How much was cut, if any. Everything.

5. Scott Westerfeld
How does this man come up with the stuff that he does? The creatures in the Leviathan trilogy are brilliant. The whole idea behind The Uglies. Everything in The Midnighters!

6. Meg Cabot
She is so funny. So funny. I would love to chat with her about all of her unpublished books and how she works through such a wide range of ideas.

7. K. A. Applegate
I have always loved how she managed to combine all of these different strands of mythology into one cohesive story in Everworld. It's such a fantastic idea and comes together so well.

8. Stephanie Perkins
Her books are so charming. And even though, going into them you know exactly where they're going they manage to be so delightful and so addicting and so engrossing. They are my bad day books. I want to talk to her and just see how they come together. How she manages to be so cute.

9. Veronica Roth
I want to see how she chose which character traits to use as factions. How her vision of the dystopian future came together. I think I'll have even more to talk to her about after I read the third.

10. J.K. Rowling
Not to be rude but...Duh!

Special Mentions: Suzanne Collins, Diana Wynne Jones, Marianne Curley

Which authors would you want to chat with? What topic did you choose this week?

-A.M.Y-A

4 comments:

  1. Interesting list! All these authors would be on my list too!

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veronica Rother for sure! great list!Check out our Top Ten Fictional Crushes* new follower* Katie @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg Cabot definitely. I would love to chat with Jen Calonita, Ally Carter, Janette Rallison, and Ssarah Dessen! Also, Suzanne Collins :)

    My TTT: http://blueskyshelf.blogspot.com/2012/11/top-ten-tuesday-fictional-crushes.html

    ReplyDelete