Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Slew of Maureen Johnson Part One: The Madness Underneath Pre-Release Post

I've been a bit MIA again. Mostly because I work in retail and it was Christmas. Then I went home for Christmas and didn't bring my computer. This was a problem. Mostly because I got stuck there an extra two days (there are far worse places to be stuck than home). But that puts me way behind on my posting.

While I was home/on the way back I read the following:
The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson
Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
Enthusiasm by Polly Shulman
The Dashwood Sisters' Secrets of Love by Rosie Rushton
The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson

Over the next couple of days I'll try my hardest to play catch up on posts. They won't quite be the usual immediately after reading posts but they'll exist and that's important. Until then here is my mini-prerelease post on The Madness Underneath.

I previously mentioned that I was lucky enough to get an ARC of the second Shades of London book: The Madness Underneath. There was so much happy dancing. So so much. But I will pour most of my enthusiasm into my full post that will not see the light of day until February.

And just wait. You will see how this makes me suffer when you read the book.

I love Name of the Star. There is just something so subtle and creepy about it even when Rory is being absolutely mental. But I was a little bit skeptical about how a book whose creepiness was so dependent on the Jack the Ripper story was going to spawn a sequel.

I feel absolutely ridiculous for being skeptical.

The Madness Underneath is brilliant and wonderful. It's not perfect but it is such a wild and enjoyable ride. I adored every second of it (including that bits I read in the airport early in the morning). Buy it when it comes out. Buy it quickly.

I am not at all psyched about having to wait for the next book. At all.

But, seriously, buy it when it comes out.

My full post will go up when after the book comes out. I'm off to work on that and start Leigh Bardugo's Shadow and Bone.

-A.M.Y-A



3 comments:

  1. Ahh! You've made me very excited about The Madness Underneath! I had the same concern but wooo! Relieved! I can now buy with reckless abandon.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I am not the only one who were worried. It's not exactly the same but it's so so good anyway!

      Delete