Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Goals for 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started over at The Broke and the Bookish where they give us a topic and we give our top ten.

This week it's our bookish goals for 2013

1. I would really like to keep up a steady pace of reading. I tend to read in spurts, which isn't bad but I want to keep it up.

2. Read more classics. There are so many that I haven't read and I need to fix that.

3. Read more children's books. I mean picture, chapter, and middle grade books. Working in the children's section had made me realize how I need to expand a little.

4. Perhaps more of a writing goal but I want to send my novel out to some agents.

5. Finish some of the series that I've started. I just keep starting new ones and I need to finish some of them off!

6. I'd like to read at least 65 books. I managed 60 this year but I wasn't super psyched about it.

7. Attend 5 book signing. There are so many more in Boston than in Cleveland.

8. Keep up with my book blogging. Self explanatory. I'm a mess.

9. Read some of the books that I have before I buy new ones.

10. Actually use the library. I don't get nearly enough from the library. It's so easy just to buy them.

There you have it. What are your book goals this year?

-A.M.Y-A

4 comments:

  1. Number 7. This is on my list as well. I, unfortunately, am stuck in Cleveland. A.K.A, the land that the publishing industry has completely overlooked despite the gazillion awesome libraries. Sigh. Anyway, good luck with your goals! http://wp.me/pzUn5-1lM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um. This year I will attend at least one book signing. That is a 100% percent increase on last year!

    I am SUPER STOKED! but also super nervous because I know the author will be very busy and probably won't really be paying so much attention to me but I also know I will find some way to make things AWKS and yeah.

    Great goals!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to read in spurts too and would like to get out of that pattern. Reading the books that we already have is a great goal. I just keep buying books. Ridiculous. Best of luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read in spurts too - that's a great goal! I need to read more steadily! I love it, but sometimes real life interrupts me! There should always be time for reading! And, ditto on the library. I just love to buy and buy and buy. :) Good luck on your goals! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete