Monday, March 25, 2013

The Epically Awesome The Lost Sun Pre-release Post.

I was so so excited to get this ARC. Maggie Stiefvater, who we all know is a great favorite of mine, has been raving about it so I was pretty much counting down until it came out. A co-worker and I discussed it with excitement due to our mutual love for Norse mythology.

Then the ARC showed up at work. There was definite happy dancing.

This book isn't quite what I thought it was going to be. I'm not 100% sure what I thought but it wasn't this.

It's not a bad book, not at all, but it was a bit melodramatic in some aspects. Others were handled brilliantly. As I was reading it I kind of thought of it as older sort of Percy Jackson. The grand mission and the awesome takes on the gods. It is a fun book, without a doubt.

I give Tessa Gratton's The Lost Sun a rating of: Epic.

My full post will be up after this is out. If you have any love for Norse mythology this is definitely a go.

I have a Top Ten Tuesday done for tomorrow and I'm working on another post that will be up in a couple of days.

Next I'm rereading Maggie Stiefvater's Lament because it's been so very long since I've read it and I can't help myself. Then I have a stack of books from the library that I really need to get to.

-A.M.Y-A

No comments:

Post a Comment