Monday, March 25, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Recommend the Most

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started over at The Broke and the Bookish where they give us a topic and we give our top ten.

This Week: Books I recommend the most.
 

I'm a children's bookseller so I am all over this one.

1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
I get so excited about recommending this book. So excited that I think I freak people out.

2. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
This one is a little more tricky. It's not as easy of a sell but I suggest it to everyone anyway.

3. Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
Did anyone really think this wasn't going to be on the list? I've gotten good at selling this one.

4. Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
I love telling people to read this. It's so much easier when I don't tell them when it was published. And people love it.

5. Divergent by Veronica Roth
When people like The Hunger Games and are looking for the dystopian this is the first one that I suggest.

6. Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
Trying to describe this to someone is a little difficult and some people immediately shy away from it. But other people jump right into it and I get so excited telling them about it.

7. Anything by Tamora Pierce
It's only fairly recently that we even have Tamora Pierce in the store but she is still the first one I go to. She's has been such a big part of my life and I want everyone else to experience it.

8. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
I love love love this book. It's beautiful and I think everyone should at least try it. It has so much to it. When parents come in and say they have a YA reader who is looking for something a little more complex this is what I give them.

9. 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
This book is so much fun. I love giving it to people who need a travel read. I read it on a plane and had so much fun with it.

10. White Cat by Holly Black
Everyone who likes action and noir and snark. READ THIS!

Those are the ten I love recommending, I stuck with YA (for the most part) but there are so many others. Anything by William Joyce and Oliver Jeffers.

What ten do you like recommending? Anything that overlaps?

Until next time,

-A.M.Y-A

6 comments:

  1. I love love love Where Things Come Back! It's such a powerful book. I've been meaning to pick up 13 Little Blue Envelopes because I keep hearing how good it is. I'll have to put it on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so in love with Where Things Come Back. I'm endlessly pushing it at people and I have no regrets about it!

      13 Little Blue Envelopes is amazing. I read it on a plane ride home and it made me want to go on an adventure.

      Delete
  2. Anna and the French Kiss is one I have on request at the library. The Night Circus keeps calling my name every time I'm in a book section.

    Jessica @ Literary, etc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna and the French Kiss is a lovely and fun read. I am reading my way through Lola now and I am liking it more than Anna. Can't wait for Isla, the third book. :)

    I have #2, #3, and #4 on my wish list already and I might just add a few more from your list. I haven't had any Steampunk so #6 might be a good place to start. Fantasy is my favorite genre but I haven't had any Tamora Pierce which is a huge shame, I know. As for #9, I read Johnson's short story in Let it Snow and it was lovely so I am curious about her other works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read The Raven Boys and I love Divergent! :)

    TT- Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm right there with you - when I recommend Anna, I get SO excited. Like I'm getting excited that it's on your list. And The Raven Boys! I didn't add it to my list, but it's one that I'm always telling people to read when they ask about it.

    Great list!
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete