Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday Books I Thought I Would Like More

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started over at The Broke and the Bookish where they give us a topic and we give our top ten.

This week: Books we thought we would like more.

1. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
I wanted to love this book. I was told that I would love this book. I did not love this book. It had so much promise and the idea is great but I just didn't like it as much as I thought I would.

2. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
This has such a great premise and the characters had such great interaction but over all it just didn't work like I wanted it to.

3. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
This wasn't a bad book. At all. It just wasn't as good as I heard people say it was. I went into it with really high hopes.

4. Wolf Speaker by Tamora Pierce
I always have such high expectations for Tamora Pierce books. I mean, I pretty much love everything she does but this one just never worked as well for me.

5. Halfway to the Grave by Jeanine Frost
My mum and sister loved these so much I wanted to like them. I really couldn't.

6. Marked by P.C. Cast
Ugh. I just... my friends loved these so much and I barely made it through the first and then couldn't finish the second.

7. Hold Still by Nina LaCour
I had mixed feelings about this one. It wasn't a bad book and it even did some things really well but over but it just didn't come together. Everyone raved about it and I thought it was okay.

8. The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Caroline Mackler
This premise had such promise! Then I couldn't stand one of the main characters and it was just never developed and explored like the idea warranted.

9. Here, There Be Dragons by James A. Owen
I just finished this one. I wanted more! It's another one that had such a great idea but wasn't as developed as I thought it should be.

10. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
This was also a good book but it also wasn't as good as I expected it to be. Everyone I know loved it so much that I expected more.

Well, there you have my top ten. What were yours? Did any of these make the cut?

Next I have a post coming about Love and Other Perishable Items.


-A.M.Y-A


4 comments:

  1. I can't get into Cast's books either. I'm surprised about Graceling, that's one of my favorite books.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it right after The Hunger Games and Katsa reminded me of a less awesome Katniss and I couldn't get into it. I may have to give it another shot.

      Delete
  2. Oh, no, The Statistical Prob and Cinder are both in my TBR.
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. My only experience of Marked is the inappropriate parts which I remember my friends passing around in middle school xD and having that as my first impression of the book hasn't really inspired me to read more.
    I agree about Graceling. But I loved Perks of Being a Wallflower :) There a lot on here that I've heard of or thought about reading, but never really gotten to. Maybe I'll prioritize other books instead.


    ReplyDelete