Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Book Covers


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started over at The Broke and the Bookish where they give us a topic and we give our top ten.

This week: We can pick an old topic. I picked my ten favorite covers.

In no particular order:


 1. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
This whole photo series is just beautiful.


2. Squire by Tamora Pierce
This cover shows how much there character has grown. And what I love about the original Tamora Pierce covers is that they are legitimately related to the books. 


3. Flight of Angels by Holly Black
Just look at it. Rebecca Guay is wondrous.


4. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
I just love it so much.

5. Fables: The Dark Ages by Bill Willingham
James Jean is a god.


6.Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
I love how this one is less direct than the others. It gives a really good sense of the book, I think.


7.Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
This gives an awesome sense of the story. There's something so striking about it.
 

8. Bizenghast by M. Alice LeGrow
This series has some of the most striking, different art. It's so cool

9. Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
I love it.


10. Shattered Mirror by Amelia Atwater Rhodes
There's a lot going on in this cover. You can't see the words that are on top of the image. But I've always found this the most interesting of her covers.

I allowed James Jean but avoided doing doing anything by William Joyce. Mostly because I couldn't pick which of his covers I like the best (Sandman, maybe...)

There are my ten favorite covers. Which are yours? What topic did you pick?

-A.M.Y-A

1 comment:

  1. Awesome choices! My fave is probably Mara Dyer, only because it's the only book I've read from your list :-)

    ReplyDelete