Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Pre-Blog Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started over at The Broke and the Bookish where they give us a topic and we give our top ten.

This week: My ten favorite books from before I had my blog.

Some of these are more books I wish I could have done a reactionary review for.

1. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
I have so much love for this book. I plan on rereading it soon so I'll do a post about it. Especially because I need the paperback for the extra material. Need it.

2. The Sweep Series by Cate Tiernan
I still love this series. I can't wait to do a reread of all of them.

3. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
Especially Deathly Hallows. I can't imagine how much of a wreck my blog post would have been. Totally raw.

4. Psyche in a Dress by Francesca Lia Block
I could pretty much do anything by Francesca Lia Block. Her books are always so different that reading them is a whole different experience. It's been years since I've read some of these though so I'll probably reread some soon. Psyche in a Dress was always a favorite of mine.

5. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
This book is a book about people who love books. I love talking about it with others who love books.

6. Guardians of Time by Marianne Curley
This series is wonderful. It's so good and so different. It's another I really need to reread.

7. The Bone People by Keri Hulme
I read this book for a class and I loved it. It's not YA but it's a fantastic magical realism and such a wonderful story.

8. The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
This is such an awesome book. It's stunning the amount of detail she put into it. A glorious retelling of the myth.

9. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
If you love Jane Austen you will also love this book. It's such a beautiful story.

10. Tris' Book by Tamora Pierce
I have a major soft spot for this book. This book made me want to write and I really wish I could have written about it after I read it that first time.

There are my ten. I really ran with the ones I wish I could have done a post about. What are your ten?

-A.M.Y-A

No comments:

Post a Comment