Monday, May 6, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Light and Fun Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started over at The Broke and the Bookish where they give us a topic and we give our top ten.

This week: Books when I need a light and fun read.

I'll try for ten of these, honestly I usually curl up and watch one of a specific set of movies or TV shows when I need something light.

1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
This is definitely my go-to book. Sometimes just thinking about this book makes me smile.

2. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
This one goes hand-in-hand with Anna.3. The Heather Wells series by Meg Cabot
These take me a minute to get into but they're so much fun...even though they're books about murders...

4. CardCaptor Sakura by Clamp
Just so cute.

5. Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
These always take my mind off of whatever is troubling me, mostly to make wish I was traveling somewhere fun.

6. Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison
Have you ever read any other book with so many ridiculous shenanigans?

7. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
So, it's not the lightest of Austen's work but there's something sort of fun about this one.

8. The Dashwood Sisters' Secrets of Love by Rosie Rushton
It's a lighter version of Sense and Sensibility. A little more silly.

9. Meru Puri by Aya Nakahara
This is another manga series that's just so fun and cute.

10. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff
I work with a lot of picture books and there are a couple that I read when I need to breath for a second. This is definitely one of them.

I guess I did manage ten...

What are your ten? Do we have any of the same? Are you more of a movie person?
Sorry, I've been rather MIA, it's been a busy couple of weeks but I am getting back on track! I promise!

-A.M.Y-A

2 comments:

  1. Great list, Cardcaptor Sakura made my list as well and I love Meru Puri and If You Give a Mouse a Cookie as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so much about Anna and the French Kiss, but have never read it!!! I really need to!!!
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete