Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Intimidating Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started over at The Broke and the Bookish where they give us a topic and we give our top ten.

This week: Ten Books that intimidate us.

1. Middlemarch by George Eliot
The odd thing about this one is that I've read it before and I know that I really like it but the book is so long and the font is so small!

2.The Avengers, X-Men, graphic Novels
This could be said for so many comics and graphic novels but I would love to read some of the superhero ones but where do I even start? There's so many!


3. Handling the Undead by John Ajvide Linqvist
I loved Let the Right One In but it's a really disturbing book. Handling the Undead seems like it's going to be a little bit more touchy on the subject matter and that makes me a little nervous.

4. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
It's just so long!

5. Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace
It is also so long. But not only that but I hear such odd accounts of people trying to read this. Some love it others said it's similar to reading white noise.

6. Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
As soon as I saw that this book specifically had a scholarship for kids who finished it and wrote a paper on it I was immediately freaked out by it.

7. The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini
They are so long. I know they're supposed to be really good but...so long.

8. Most Poetry
I've only just begun to explore my love for Romantic poetry and some Pre-Raphaelites but most of the stuff still freaks me out.

9. Little Woman by Louisa May Alcott
To be fair, this has more to do with how much my roommate loves this book that the book itself.

10. The Histories by Shakespeare
I love his comedies, I love his tragedies. I really struggle with the histories. Every time I was assigned one in a class I panicked a little. I'll pick some of the others up for fun but never these.

There are my ten intimidating books! What are yours? Any overlap?

-A.M.Y-A


2 comments:

  1. haha I was totally one of the kids who entered the scholarship for Atlas Shrugged. That one is a doozy.

    ReplyDelete