Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Ten...er...five Resources that Make My Life Easier

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started over at The Broke and the Bookish where they give us a topic and we give our top ten.

This week it's ten resources that make my life as a reader/blogger easier. I'm going to add bookseller in here too.

1. My job.
My work is a pretty well-known indie in the Boston area and we get some fantastic ARCs and galleys.

2. My database
I have all of my books typed into a spreadsheet with author name, title, edition, series number, hardcover, and if I've read it. I've been considering adding whether they're in Cleveland or Boston as well since I couldn't bring all of my books.

3. My coworkers
My coworkers find some awesome books that I might not have ordinarily heard of. They've given me some awesome titles. Our events director is always trying to give me new titles or booking events for books I'm interested in.

4. Twitter
Twitter is such an awesome way to stay on top of what's coming out and what people are excited about.

5. The Blogging world
For bookselling this is awesome. I get to see what people are talking about and then try to get them into the store.


I couldn't think of a full ten. I'm sure I'll see other lists and say "that!' but this is what I have now!

What are your ten resources?

-A.M.Y-A

No comments:

Post a Comment