Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Wickedly Epic The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, Prerelease Post

I have a pretty deep love for Holly Black. I think that's been covered via the blog thus far. The galley of The Coldest Girl in Coldtown was given to me a couple of months back. It was right in the middle of my Oh-Geeze-Ever-Book-I've-Ever-Requested-From-the-Library-Is-Here-But-I-Need-To-Read-The-Gaiman-Book-Before-The-Signing-What-Do-You-Mean-Secret-J.K.Rowling-Book-Oh-Hell-That-Panel-Is-Only-Two-Weeks-Away thing. I kept making deals with myself. When you finish the library books. When you finish the Gaiman. When you finish the panel books. I ultimately did that last one. But by the time I started to read it I was so worn down that I couldn't sit still for very long without falling asleep.

Which means that I started this book a couple of weeks ago and read maybe 50 pages until the last two days where I tore through it.

This book is fantastic. It's bloody, and dark, and twisted. It's what you expect from Holly Black. She doesn't shy away from showing how society glamorizes things that really aren't glamorous. The seedy, rotten underbelly of society.

This book is pretty close to the perfect vampire book. I love it.

I give The Coldest Girl in Coldtown a rating of Beyond Epic.

Get this book when it comes out. Get it right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment