Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish Had Sequels


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started over at The Broke and the Bookish where they give us a topic and we give our top ten.

Some of these are short stories because...I can do that? I also tried not to do any with upcoming sequels because...obviously. 

1. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
Okay, so this ended really perfectly but I still want more!

2. Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
I would have loved to know more about the Hempstocks.

3.Cold Hands by Cassandra Clare (Short story from Zombies vs. Unicorns)
The idea and set up of this one is so interesting. I really would have liked to see her build the world.

4. The Child Thief by Brom
There could be so much more adventure with these characters.

5. Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
It might just be that I want more from him...and April is so far away. But really, I could keep reading about Cullen as he learns the worst of life's lessons.

6. Let The Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvest
This one sort of ends as things are just beginning and I want to see how the relationship of the two characters progresses.

7.The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
More. Just more.

8. Date With A Dragon Slayer by Tessa Gratton (Short story from The Curiosities)
I loved this story. Tessa Gratton does such a good job of combining old cultures with modern settings. I would have loved to see more in this world.

9. Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan
To be fair, he still posts entries on Twitter but it's not the same as seeing it all progress on the page. It's the feeling you get from it.

10. Doll Bones by Holly Black
The characters are only just growing up. The book does a beautiful job portraying that but I kind of want to see how far apart they grow and what happens when they hit high school.

What are your top ten?

So, I'm really upset with myself for missing last weeks because I was excited about it. But that's what free weeks are for, right? I also owe you ducks a lot of posts from the event. And a post about the event and a post about the Neil Gaiman signing...jeeze. It's all coming I promise. I'll space it out some!

Until then,

-A.M.Y-A

1 comment:

  1. I really want to read Doll Bones! Glad you enjoyed it so much.

    ReplyDelete