Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Favorite Sequels

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started over at The Broke and the Bookish where they give us a topic and we give our top ten.

This week is our ten favorite sequels.

1. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
So, not really a sequel but I still love it.

2. Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
It's so good. So, so, so, brilliant.

3. Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
Just the opening of this books gives me the shivers (no pun intended). It's all of the ache and agony of the first.

4. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
She builds on the story so well from here.

5. Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
I had planned to only to do direct sequels but this one is my favorite of the series.

6. The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
The story just gets more twisted and more amazing.


7. Tris' Book by Tamora Pierce
After bringing the four together she really lets them loose here.

8. In the Hand of the Goddess by Tamora Pierce
This has been my favorite in the series for so long.

9. Red Glove by Holly Black
These read much like one big story and I love all of them.

10. Amber Spyglass by Phillip Pullman
I love this book. It's beautiful and heartbreaking.

For some reason I had a really hard time with this one.

What were your top ten?

-A.M.Y-A


1 comment:

  1. I agree about Linger! It is a great sequel. I really should read The Mara Dyer series :)

    Great list!! I'm a new GFC follower :)

    My TTT 

    ReplyDelete