Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Top Ten Books I Was Forced to Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started over at The Broke and the Bookish where they give us a topic and we give our top ten.

This Week: Ten books we were forced to read.

1. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
I love this book. Absolutely love it.

2. Fault in Our Stars by John Green
So, it was more strongly suggested that I read this. My one younger sister was all over me about it.

3. Looking For Alaska by John Green
See above.

4. Middlemarch by George Eliot
This is another one that I love. Will Ladislaw, I adore you!

5. Bone People by Keri Hulme
It's been a while since I read this but I was so struck by it.
 
6. Hard Times by Charles Dickens

And thus begins my love affair with Mr. Dickens

7. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
I remember staying up almost all night to finish this in sixth grade.

8. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
The other younger sister kept telling me how much I would like these. I took my time with it.

9. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
I just love this book. It's been years since I read it though.

10. Alex by Pierre LeMaitre
I read this one to show that I would. I was blown away.

They weren't all by school, though most were. And my sisters are a pretty big influence on my reading habits but there you have it.

Where were yours? Any overlap?

-A.M.Y-A

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit, reading over this is a combination of "Oh! I've been meaning to read that!", "I loved that one too!!" and "I've heard that's good....".

    I have to admit, I loved To Kill A Mockingbird, The Outsiders, and The Hunger Games when I finally got around to reading them, some the night before they were due. I would have to add Fahrenheit 451 and Wuthering Heights to this list, however. Both were fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love Fahrenheit! I've been meaning to reread it as it's been years. The thing is that I didn't really like Wuthering Heights. I really wanted to but I just couldn't get into it. There are too many filters we see the story through.

      Delete