Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started over at The Broke and the Bookish where they give us a topic and we give our top ten.
This Week: Ten books we were forced to read.
1. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
I love this book. Absolutely love it.
2. Fault in Our Stars by John Green
So, it was more strongly suggested that I read this. My one younger sister was all over me about it.
3. Looking For Alaska by John Green
4. Middlemarch by George Eliot
This is another one that I love. Will Ladislaw, I adore you!
5. Bone People by Keri Hulme
It's been a while since I read this but I was so struck by it.
6. Hard Times by Charles Dickens
And thus begins my love affair with Mr. Dickens
7. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
I remember staying up almost all night to finish this in sixth grade.
8. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
The other younger sister kept telling me how much I would like these. I took my time with it.
9. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
I just love this book. It's been years since I read it though.
10. Alex by Pierre LeMaitre
I read this one to show that I would. I was blown away.
They weren't all by school, though most were. And my sisters are a pretty big influence on my reading habits but there you have it.
Where were yours? Any overlap?