Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books We Recommend to...


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started over at The Broke and the Bookish where they give us a topic and we give our top ten.

This week we picked the top ten books we'd recommend to anyone of our choice. As a bookseller one of the trickiest ones we get are teenage boys. Mostly because if they're there they don't usually react to our suggestions so it's hard to figure out where to go. If they're not there parents are super into what's a "boy book" and that's hard to work around sometimes.


Top Ten Books I’d Recommend to A Sarcastic Teenage Boy
In no particular order…

1. Paper Towns – John Green
2. 5th Wave – Rick Yancy
3. White Cat – Holly Black
4. Anna Dressed in Blood – Kendare Blake
5. Leviathan – Scott Westerfeld
6. Rot and Ruin – Jonathan Maberry
7. Where Things Come Back – John Corey Whaley
8. I Hunt Killers – Barry Lyga
9. Knife of Never Letting Go – Patrick Ness
10. World War Z – Max Brooks

There's a little bit of everything here. And I think some of these books are really awesome introductory pieces into different kinds of literature. Getting someone who liked one of these and asking them what they liked about it can give you a great idea of what other books to recommend.

I know! I know! It's technically Wednesday but I wrote it! I just hadn't posted it because I was caught up in NaNoWriMo. But I'm almost at 40,000! I'm getting back on track. It's just taking me a bit.

-A.M.Y-A

No comments:

Post a Comment